Thursday, December 1, 2011

Let the Waters Rise


This song did a lot of good today. Sometimes I feel like there is a raging sea right in front of me. Whether that raging sea is homework, relationships, stress, loneliness, or sin we just have got to Trust God. Sometimes we have to go through the "storm" so we can learn to recognize Gods voice in the midst. He may not calm your "storm" but He will calm YOU in the midst of your "storm". Those are words to always remember.

Here are the lyrics. I love lyrics. I think about them a lot because sometimes they say things a lot better and it makes more sense than anything I can get to come out of my mouth.

Don’t know where to begin, it’s like my world’s caving in
And I try but I can’t control my fear
Where do I go from here?
Sometimes it’s so hard to pray when You feel so far away
But I am willing to go where You want me to
God, I trust You
There’s a raging sea right in front of me
Wants to pull me in, bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise if You want them to
I will follow You, I will follow You
I will follow You
I will swim in the deep ‘cause You’ll be next to me
You’re in the eye of the storm and the calm of the sea
You’ll never out of reach
God You know where I’ve been, You were there with me then
You were faithful before, You’ll be faithful again
I’m holding Your hand
God Your love is enough, You will pull me through
I’m holding onto You
God Your love is enough, I will follow You
I will follow You

It pretty much describes my thoughts/feelings for today. 

No comments: