Monday, December 12, 2011

Black, White, and Grey

Some things in life are not black and white...but grey. Sometimes its difficult to live life that way...in the grey. When it is in the grey, it can go either way. A struggle for me is whether or not some things are bad/sin. It would be easier if scripture spoke of everything and just told us yes or no and was blatantly clear about all things. Its not. dang it. Therefore, we have to discern for ourselves whether or not certain things are alright or if its a sin. What if we choose wrong!? Moral dilemmas. A person can get exhausted trying to think about it and trying to figure it out. A lot of times I tend to think that if you are constantly worried about something you are doing is bad...then it probably is. If you are praying about it, and remaining close to God, and you don't feel like you are getting an answer..not an audible one, not even an answer that is spoken through someone else....and you still are worried about it constantly and you are genuine...then go with your gut because if you genuinely want to please God and be like Christ, then He won't let you continue to worry or make the wrong decision. You just have to trust and obey, for there is no other way.

Right now, I am having my own dilemma of whether or not something that is apart of my life every now and then is really good or bad (if that makes sense). It has been on my mind for a long time. Every time it appears in my life, there begins a debate in my head. Most of the time I go against my internal feeling, my gut which is probably a bad thing. Like i said before, if I genuinely desire to do the right thing and live a blameless life, than the Spirit will not let me make false choices, as long as I continue to seek after Him and desire to be like Him. Thinking too much can be a bad thing. I do that sometimes.

I just really want to be on the right track. I want to be blameless in the presence of my Lord. How can Christ be lifted high in my life, if I continue to let satan have a hold of my secrets and struggles in the dark...being brought to light is when it becomes Truth and you can be set free. For the light reveals all and there is no hiding. When things are in the light...they are black and white...not grey. Seek out the light, stay in the light, and you shall see the black and white more clearly. Then you can go forth and spread the light to help others see...so that we can all be on the same page...desiring to live a life worthy of our calling and helping each other to do that.

Thinking out loud here. hope it makes sense.
Look up the song Before and After by Jimmy Needham
here is a link for the lyrics and the meaning behind the song

No comments: