Thursday, November 3, 2011

Good Forgotten God quotes

“When we allow others’ perceptions of us (or even our perceptions of their perceptions!) to control how we live, we are enslaved.”


“But it’s absolutely vital to grasp that He didn’t call you there so you could settle in and live out your life in comfort and superficial peace.  His purposes are not random or arbitrary.  If you are still alive on this planet, it’s because He has something for you to do.”


“Jesus suffered  grueling death so that I could have the amazing gift of the Holy Spirit.  How dare I take this for granted.”


“Yet whether consciously or not, we essentially say to God, ‘I know You raised Christ from the dead; but the fact is my problems are just too much for You and I need to deal with them by myself.”


“When I read the book of Acts, I see the church as an unstoppable force.”


“In other words, when we stock up on knowledge without applying it to our lives, we are actually sinning.  You would think that learning more about God would be a good thing…and it can be.  But when we gain knowledge about God without responding to Him or assimilating His truth into our lives, then it is not a good thing.  According to the Bible, it’s sin.  May we not merely gain knowledge.  Instead, as we learn, may we grow and confess and change more into the people we’ve been created to be by the power of the Holy Spirit, who dwells within us.”

No comments: