Thursday, February 3, 2011

Energy Drinks and Condoms

Today at work was probably the most boring day of my life. I came in, sat down in a chair, and filed papers for six hours. I have a million and one paper cuts. My knuckles are bleeding. I need lotion and band-aids.

While I was being seated in my chair, I over heard some ladies on the other side of the office talking about valentines day. Everyone in the office is going to decorate a brown paper bag and we will give out office valentine cards. woopty doo. Anyways, Tiffany and Stacey shouted, " well you know what we are putting in everyone's bag, Condoms and five hour energy drinks."  They couldn't see my face, but my eyes were wide open and my jaw had dropped. What the heck? First of all, these people cuss waaaay too much. They talk dirty all the time, and this is only proof of that. I don't know why everything has to be so sexual all the time. Makes me awkward.

Secondly, I was invited again for the billionth time to go out for some shots after work. Once again, I declined the offer. They all think I'm a goody goody girl. One, I work at church, and we all sign something saying we won't drink while being employed by the Church. Secondly, I don't see the reason why I should drink in the first place. Now my view on drinking alcohol is different than a lot of people in today's society. It's not something that  helps me to make a lot of friends. I just don't see the point I guess. It's a waste of money. Alcoholism has been in the fam, and so who knows. One drink, and I could be addicted. Why even take that chance? There are actually other things I would rather drink, like dr.pepper or a slushie. Also, I just don't feel right giving money to companies that give people opportunities to harm themselves. I admit there are some people out there who do take control of their drinking and they know how much is too much, they have self control, BUT there are also a lot of people out there who aren't like that. They do not have self control and need help. I am just real BIG on community and helping my brothers and sisters out any way I can. I don't want to be the cause of someone stumbling either bc I invited them to drink, drank with them, or just supported the company that made their drink. I don't know. I have a lot of other thoughts on it too. John Wesley was a HUGE advocate for getting rid of all alcohol because it was a huge problem for christian people and why even take chances. We need to do everything we can to help each other out.

Anyways, I haven't told all these reasons to the people at work. They can be kind of rude towards Christians, so I will refrain until the right moment comes up. I don't know exactly what I will do with my condom and energy drink I get for valentines day. I don't really want to bring that home and have mom, dad, or brothers accidentally find that somewhere! ah! awkward. Okay. I'll let ya know how that all goes.

Tune in next time for...idk

No comments: