Thursday, February 10, 2011

O God, you have bound us together in common life. Help us in the midst of our struggles for justice and truth, to confront one another without hatred or bitterness, and to work together with mutual forbearance and respect. Father, who has taught us in your holy word that you do not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men: Look with pity upon the sorrows of your servant for whom our prayers are offered. Remember us, O Lord, in mercy, nourish my soul with patience, comfort me with a sense of your goodness, lift up your countenance upon me, and give me peace. I entrust all who are dear to me to your never failing care and love, for this life and the life to come, knowing that you are doing for them better things than I can desire or pray for. Direct me O Lord, in all my doings with your most gracious favor, and further me with your continual help; that in all my works, they would begin, continue, and end with you. The meek are guided in judgment, and light riseth up in darkness for the godly; Grant me, in all my doubts and uncertainties, the grace to ask what you should have me to do, that the Spirit of wisdom may save me from all falst choices, and that in your light we may see light and in your straight path may not stumble.
  Amen

No comments: