Sunday, October 16, 2011

Love hurts. Love heals. Love saves.

Now, the title of this blog is something I've said before, but I believe it holds especially true right now as I write this. Those three short and (bitter) sweet statements is exactly the kind of Love I need right now.


I am super sleepy right now so I hope this all makes sense and is coherent. I hate being sleepy because it not only effects everything I do during the day, but it also makes you more vulnerable and emotional.


I drove home today (weird to say that) to Peoria at 6am. It was rough. I was doing well and then Sleep hit me in the face. Oh it was sooo hard to stay awake for the first part of the trip. The last hour wasn't so bad. I started getting a hold of my "sleepers high". While I was driving and everyone I know still sleeping, I began to pray. I prayed for family members, and each one of my greenville friends that I came into contact with this weekend. It was good. I also felt like what I prayed was meant to be prayed at that moment. It wasn't specific prayer requests that I had been given, but what was on my heart. The Spirit was helping me out a little there and I am very grateful for that because sometimes I don't know what to pray. I just felt this overwhelming feeling of Love on my way home. It was wonderful, don't get me wrong, but something that I don't feel very often so it was a little weird. God did reveal some things to me. Well, they weren't as much as things being "revealed" as they were things I already knew but He brought them up again for the millionth time because He knows its something I need to take care of soon if I want to continue in my pursuit of Holiness. Please pray that I have the strength and courage that only God can give..especially when it comes to admitting and confessing and asking for help.


This weekend was wonderful. I didn't have to drive that far Hallelujah! Oh my gosh. so good. I got to see my favorite people and a few more that I wasn't expecting! I went to a dance party with those favorite people, which I am ALWAYS up for..by the way. My bff from college had her baby while I was there! That lil Janelle knew exactly when I was gonna be there. Me and that kid...were gonna get along just fine :) It is weird though when your friends start having babies. Erin was my first friend to have a baby. A little ahead of schedule I think, well for me anyways, baha. The baby was beautiful and I am super happy for her. It is just weird because it seems like just yesterday Erin and I were in our dorm room late at night chatting about boys and what we will name our children..shoot dang.

No comments: