Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thoughts...

Here are a few thoughts I've been having and I just have to get them out...

Church is awesome...the sermon seires is called Revealing God and its awesome. Ya know how we get down and out about lots of things....i just recently have been really passionate about not letting those things get to you. We DONT have time to pout and be upset about things. I mean don't get me wrong...its alright to cry adn grieve, but dont' let it take a hold of you..you can't let everything in life get you down. We have soooo much to LIVE for. We don't have time for all that...we have a short life...we have little time...we need as much time as we can get to spread the Light and Love of Christ...and yes our experiences can help others in relating to them, but we need to move on LIVE. Ya know I just kept thinking yesterday about how...I don't want to be asking the question later on in life...What if I had given everything, my all? I don't want to ask that question. I want to live with no regrets...giving my all in everything i do.....like seriously think about it.....how much could you do if you gave your all...all the time!?! We could live amazing lives for Christ. Ya know..make the most out of every moment!

I also read the verse on sunday that says, work out your salvation with FEAR and TREMBLING. What exactly does that mean? How do you work out your salvation with FEAR and TREMBLING? ya know...anyways...that was a thought...

Then I have developed over the years a passion/interest for Human Trafficking and helping in that area. More recently, and more specifically the Sex Slave Trade around the world. I have watched several movies with that in it and heard sermons where people use it as an example..and I just can't get it out of my head...well guess what!!!?! this week at school is Social Justice Week!!! and the emphasis is on Human Trafficking and the Sex Slave Trade!!! I am soooooo sooo pumped! I don't know exactly what this means for me...if God is trying to tell me something...but im soaking it all in! There is an organization called INternational Justice Mission that is here and will be speaking and I want to talk to them about job opportunities after school!!! ahh!!! I am just sooo excited about lots of things these days!

1 comment:

Julie said...

IJM is incredible. They have some fantastic internships you could look into, too. They came and spoke at Asbury while I was there. It is remarkable what they are doing. They actually paired with "Dateline" at one point...

Miss you!!