Thursday, March 1, 2012

The 7 Challenge

So, I am doing this new challenge. Its called 7 and it lasts for seven months. Its a challenge about the excess in our lives. Each month will deal with a different topic. I have listed the link below which gives the details. I figured with lent here it would be a good time to start.
It all started with one lady. She had the idea first, and wrote a book about her experience. It is really cool and everyone should do it. I am not doing it exactly like her. I am tailoring it to my lifestyle at the moment.

Starting today is the first month. Unfortunatley the first month's topic is FOOD. dang. I love food. I think I live to eat. Jen, the lady who started this, only picked seven foods to eat the whole month. I am not going that far. I don't know that I am ready for that yet. Instead, I have told myself that I will not pay to eat out at all this month. I will first eat everything in my fridge and pantry..THEN if the end of the month comes before that is done, I will only eat chicken, eggs, bread, and apples. Also, no snacking. Just eating during meal times or set meal times.

This is going to be really hard for me. I need to do it though. I feel like I always start things and never finish. I call myself a strong person, but really I don't think I am. Plus, its a good financial decision as well. I am really trying to become a good steward. I am definitely a person of the world, which needs to end. I need to be stripped of the world which is hard because ive been of it for so long. I am selfish whether i admit it or not. I am  in the top like 5% of the world when it comes to wealth...and in America...I am not wealthy. I consider myself very middle class if not lower.

Again, this is goign to be hard. I know no one actually reads my blog, but just putting it out there so i can say I tried to tell someone. I just need to get my life in order and back to the bare necessities. So i guess if you do for some reason read this and think of me just pray for me. This may not seem like a lot but it is for me. I know a lot of people say they will pray for me, but then don't...this time, please actually do it. Not just about this challenge but for my heart. Sure this challenge will be hard bc it deals with food, but ultimatley its my heart that will be affected most. Things aren't easy right now anyways, and I am already feeling like im setting myself up for failure..but im not gonna fail. i can't. i won't.

http://bibledude.net/7-project-mutiny-against-excess/#.T1BHmhvQdVs.facebook

No comments: